|Description:|| Mark your calendars for the 29th annual conference on Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems! |
The conference will be held on 6-10 October 2019, at MartiniPlaza, in Groningen, the Netherlands.
Registration and abstract submissions are now open: https://www.adass2019.nl/register/
The organization of ADASS XXIX is led by ASTRON, in collaboration with various Dutch astronomical institutions: JIVE, the ALMA European Regional Centre, University of Groningen, Universiteit Leiden, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Radboud University, and SRON.
The key themes selected for ADASS XXIX will generate very important discussions between software specialists and scientists on algorithms, software and systems for the acquisition, reduction, analysis, and dissemination of astronomical data. At the same time, they will also inspire the development of software and systems to meet the data science challenges of astronomy. The conference key themes are:
* Multi-wavelength astronomy
* Open data access and provisioning
* Data processing pipelines
* Data science challenges: tools from statistics to machine learning
* Data visualisation from line plots to augmented and virtual reality
* Delivering accessible and science-ready radio data
* Local and global cloud infrastructure for processing and storage
* Data discovery across heterogeneous datasets
* Telescope operations and scheduling: from classical to autonomous
* Evolution of software development and management
The conference program will include invited talks, contributed papers, display sessions, tutorials, computer demonstrations, and special interest ("Birds of a Feather" or BoF) meetings, as well as a community-based Hackathon preceeding the meeting.
Hosting ADASS in the Netherlands will give crucial exposure to the astronomical data-analysis and software techniques developed in our country, among which those associated with the challenges for handling, processing, visualizing and scientifically exploiting radio data. The conference programme will also include tours to LOFAR and APERTIF.