ASTRON is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
This accessibility statement applies to the website https://www.astron.nl/.
Body making the statement
Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy (ASTRON)
Oude Hoogeveensedijk 4
7991 PD Dwingeloo
This website is compliant with the WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1 standards.
The website is 100% compliant with the criteria of the WCAG 2.0 standard at the applicable A and AA levels, as follows:
- 100% compliance with A-level criteria
- 100% compliance with AA-level criteria
The website is compliant with the criteria of the WCAG 2.1 standard at the applicable A and AA levels, as follows:
- 100% compliance with the A-level criteria
- 100% compliance with the AA-level criteria
- Twitter timeline: on certain pages (such as the home page), ASTRON gives access to its Twitter timeline. The code displayed and its formatting cannot be altered by ASTRON. This content is covered by the derogation for third-party content.
- YouTube videos are embedded within the site, and these may present certain shortcomings.
Right to compensation
Users who encounter difficulties in consulting one of these documents or videos are asked to contact email@example.com so that they can be provided with an accessible version of the requested document as soon as possible.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 8 November 2021.
Technical information on site development and accessibility verification tests
Technologies used for site development
User agents and assistive technologies used to check content accessibility
Screen reader support tests for the rich components were carried out on the following combinations:
- Firefox 69.1 / NVDA 2019
- Microsoft Edge 95.0.1020.44 and JAWS 2018
Feedback and contact information
Please help us to improve content accessibility by using the contact address below to let us know of any problems you may experience or to request access to inaccessible information or documents. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Should you encounter a problem with accessibility that prevents you from accessing content or a feature on the site, and should you inform us and not receive a satisfactory response from us within a reasonable timeframe, you are entitled to make a complaint to the European Ombudsman:
- by submitting a complaint online through the European Ombudsman's website;
- by sending a completed complaint form by post:
1 avenue du Président Robert Schuman